We are excited to announce that Career Academy has been approved to use eLearning days during the 2017-2018 school year! The use of eLearning days will help support student learning , minimize changes to the school calendar, and allow parents to make plans with more confidence.
Electronic Learning (eLearning) refers to days where students complete their classwork on the internet outside of school (home, library, etc). These eLearning days can be built into the schedule or used on inclement weather days.
This year, we need to make up two days of school that were missed due to inclement weather. The use of eLearning days will allow us to make up missed days without adding any days to the end of the school year.
Career Academy will have eLearning days on the following dates:
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Thursday, March 29, 2018
Students will log into Canvas to access their instructions and assignments on an eLearning day. Teachers will be available through Canvas or by email during regularly scheduled school hours to support students and parents.
Your collaboration is greatly appreciated as we work together to provide a premier education for all students.
Thank you in advance for your support,
Digital Learning Manager
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is an eLearning Day?
Electronic Learning (eLearning) refers to days where students complete their classwork on the internet outside of school. These eLearning days can be built into the schedule or used on inclement weather days. We have scheduled two eLearning days for this school year; March 20, 2018 and March 29, 2018.
2. When are assignments due?
Students will have 5 school days, after the eLearning day, to submit their eLearning assignments to their teacher.
3. What if I do not have a computer or internet access at home?
- Internet access will be needed to complete your eLearning assignments.
- Computer and internet access
■ St. Joseph County Libraries
● Main Library - (574) 282-4646
○ Free Wi-Fi Locations
■ South Bend/Mishawaka Area
Example: Downtown Marriott / Eddy Street Subway
4. Can my student complete their eLearning assignments at school (before/after eLearning day)?
Students can complete eLearning assignments during their own time at school (recess, study time)
5. How does my student access their assignments?
- All eLearning assignments for Career Academy can be found here:
- On each eLearning day students will have an assignment for each class posted in Canvas.
6. Who do I ask if I have questions?
Please email your teacher with any questions. Your teacher will be available to assist you via email (or Canvas) during normally scheduled school hours.